stjohnpic

stjohnpic

STJ-Web-Banner-v3

History of Our Parish

Saint John's was founded in 1853. Our first parish church was located on North Dearborn Street in downtown Mobile. This elegant wooden structure served the parish faithfully for over 100 years. In 1956, the parish built a new church building at its present location on Government Street at Weinacker. Subsequently, a Parish House was added to provide space for Church School, parish gatherings, Choir rehearsal space, and offices.

Saint John's is proud of its history and seeks to serve as the hands of Christ in the surrounding neighborhood and world.

Empowered by Extend, a church software solution from